Monday, June 25

Candida Cleanse update



So I've been on the Candida cleanse now for a week! Overall it has been going well. I'm quite proud of myself for sticking to it as much as possible. My biggest challenge has been the chocolate cravings, and it doesn't help that I'm days away from my period! Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a big chocolate addict! European chocolate and expensive chocolate is my weakness!  And I've been known to drive far across town for a slice of decadent chocolate mousse cake! And don't get me started about the Magnum double chocolate ice cream bars!!  I would end a relationship with anyone who dared to eat or touch my precious Magnum bars in the freezer!   Just, writing about chocolate is making me salivate, so I will stop!

So changes I have noticed? I am definitely less bloated and overall my body feels lighter.  I also have noticed that the brain fog that I had been experiencing has slowly started to shift and I feel much more clearer in my thoughts. Before I would easily be distracted or often just be very forgetful.  I also feel much more physically  "present" in my body. So I'm very happy about that.

The biggest change I have noticed is my energy level. For the past few months I had been feeling exhausted. And I don't use the word exhausted lightly, it was beyond tired it was extreme exhaustion.   I was also suffering from insomnia and even when I did sleep I was always complaining of feeling exhausted.  Since starting the cleanse things have shifted, I've now moved up the positive scale from exhausted to just feeling  a little tired throughout the day.  I'm hoping that in the next few weeks I can report to you that I'm feeling full of energy. So fingers crossed.  And my sleeping has really improved the only thing that now keeps me up is the peeing trips to the bathroom because I'm drinking so much damn water!

I'm still experiencing trouble with my stomach and feeling some stomach rot and overall queasiness but I'm hoping that will eventually go away as well. 

So, I have eliminated, dairy, coffee, tea, cheese, bread, pasta, soda and of course sugar!!!   And sugar is in everything including bbq sauces, mayonnaise etc, you would be surprised at all the "hidden" sugar we consume every day.  I would suggest you really start reading your food labels!!   You will be shocked!  

Of course everyone is wondering have I "cheated...."

I must admit, I did "cheat" on day 5 and ate about six french fries, and while visiting my mother in Florida she cooked stew peas with her infamous spinners/dumplings! So I did have two small spinners!!! But a part from that I've been on track.  I'm feeling very proud of myself! I actually went to the Cheesecake Factory with friends and passed on the delicious hot fresh bread and I  didn't have any dessert which is a first for me !!! So I will keep you posted! Wishing all of you great health! If anyone else is doing a cleanse or making any healthier  lifestyle choices please feel free to share with our blog family in the comments box below!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

A human can face a different stomach problem to eat a different kind of sugar item. I'm still experiencing problem with my stomach and feeling some stomach rot and general queasiness but I'm wanting that will finally proceed away as well.

candida

Ashik said...

Very Helpful Article. I also find a Product same as this and its also very helpful.Please Check This
http://amzn.to/2b4idZO

Diane Phillips said...

Thanks for this info -- very helpful and convenient to look up.
candida cleanse