Friday, June 15

Look At The Bigger Picture.

I saw this amazing piece of art on the internet the other day and I was completely amazed.  It's a triple portrait of Martin Luther King Jr made entirely of cleverly positioned Rubik's Cubes.  I don't know about you, but I don't exactly get creativity out of looking at a Rubik's Cube, it's more like frustration (lol).  But there's a guy who saw far past the six colored, 3x3 little cube and created an masterpiece that include dimension, shadows and depth.



I think about how gifted one must be to envision a picture created using a small childhood toy.  I can't help but compare it to  those 'shadow art' pictures I've seen.  Like this one....


or even more incredibly this one.....


Sometimes, what looks like a pile of junk is actually the masterpiece you've been striving to achieve.

I think that this concept also applies to life.  We really need to stop focusing on the small things (the individual Rubik's Cube) and think about how that Rubik's Cube fits into the bigger picture.  Sometimes the solution isn't an individual thing that needs to be dealt with and packaged up in a neat little box, but maybe it needs to stay unfinished so that it fuels the next chapter in the book of life.

I want to challenge you to look past whatever 'mess' you have in your life and focus on the bigger picture...I guarantee you will find motivation to continue because once you see the bigger picture you'll understand the purpose of the small stuff.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: