Wednesday, May 15

Monique's Inspiring Journey to Weight Loss


Monique is looking great these days, right?! She has always been a beautiful womyn but her weight loss journey has been great to see. I think that those of us who are currently or have been overweight before all have our own reasons why we got there, why we chose to keep the weight on for so long but it's great to see when a womyn regardless of age, etc. decides to say "enough!" and get focused on getting the body that she has always wanted. Not looking for any quick fix options but recognizes that shedding the pounds is a slow grind. It's something that you need to take day by day - each day making better food decisions, and a daily push to get yourself moving and to the gym.

I hated going to the gym when I first started on my journey because I would always compare myself to those around me. It always seemed as if I ended up on the treadmill beside that skinny girl, who looks about a size zero and seems as if she can run for days looking all happy and perky. And there I was walking, gasping for air running. Frankly, it's embarrassing. But, the strength comes from pushing yourself to keep going anyway. Or if the gym isn't your thing, then try something else that you think you would enjoy doing. I've recently gotten into Zumba and am taking hip hop classes. I can't say that I'm killing every one with my moves in the class but I'm trying and I LOVE it. So now, working out doesn't seem like this awful and embarrassing chore but a fun meetup with friends.

As for eating healthy, that's another slow progression. I've never been a big fan of salads but I've played around in the kitchen and discovered a few recipes that I like! The point is that you have to recognize that the body that you want isn't going to happen right away, you're not going to eat a salad and wake up looking like Halle Berry tomorrow. 

This is why I love Monique's commitment and that she is documenting and sharing her journey with her followers. Check out what she had to say about it:

"I tweet every morning my workouts because I wanted women to see–especially us big women–you don’t have to let them cut and suck it out. You don’t have to  let them staple you up, you don’t have to let them give you a pill,” Mo’Nique  told Hot 97. ” If you just put the work in baby, I promise you, it comes off. Now, I’m three years in."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mo'nique, i have always admired you. i think you were beautiful befofe you lost your weight, but DAMN Momma you look GREAT NOW. I AM 5'2" AND BECAUSE OF NEW MEDICINE I TAKE I HAVE GAINED 30 POUNDS AND IT AFFECTS MY HEALTHBADLY. i dont mind working out, but i just hate doing it alone, i know i need to shed this weight. with all my health problems it seems like a dream to get back to 150 pounds. you look great baby girl and i wish i had what it takes to do what you have done. keep going girl, i love you and your acting. you are so real girl. i dont know if i can do it. i wish i had a trainer to push me, but i cant afford it. but you are an inspiration to us over weight peeps. you always say whats on your mind and i respect that. God, i wish i could do it too. i live in kingman arizona and there isnt any place to go that i know of. i wish you the best baby girl. i wish i had your motavation. xoxoooxxooxoxo <3 :)

Unknown said...

i wish i could do it too, i have gained 30 pounds in 6 months and i feel like shit momma. i wish you hte bes at everything you do baby girl. <3

Unknown said...

oops i wish you the best at everything you do. xoxoxoxoxo >3